Friday, May 21, 2010

Change in Meds....

I made an Executive Decision the other day, Monday to be exact. Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, I called my psychiatrist (my, doesn't that sound pretentious?) and told her -- told her, not asked -- that I wanted to change from Pristiq back to Cymbalta.

She tried not to gasp as she asked, "But didn't we decide that Cymbalta was causing you some urine retention?"

"Yes. But it looks like the Pristiq is, too. But I felt so much better taking Cymbalta. So what's the difference? I'll let my other doctors take care of any other problems that come up." There, I had said it. Of course, the conversation ran a bit longer than that, as we discussed the pros and cons of switching yet another med. Finally, she took a deep breath and said:

"Well, all right. I'm sending your prescription to your pharmacy right now."

I picked up the prescription that afternoon and I am feeling better already.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.....

<



No comments:

Post a Comment