Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fever Continues

If there's one thing I know about lupus, it's that it's ever challenging. Take this latest fever (PLEASE) and how I'm trying to determine what the heck is causing it.
After I looked online with my Lupies buddies, I am just about to think it's either a flare that's beginning (due to inflammation somewhere) or I do have an infection of some kind that hasn't surfaced as pain yet, such as a urinary tract, bladder or sinus infection.
And if that's the case, then I should be able to control it by taking aspirin, right? Nope. Not knocking it. And I really, really don't like antibiotics: the last time I took Macrobid was for 30 days, and I was as limp as a rag doll the whole time. As if full-blown lupus isn't enough to make a person tired, then a regimen of anti-biotics really complicates things.
But I do have an appointment with my PCP on Thursday, May 27th. She is knowledgeable about lupus; in fact, she's the only one of my doctors who, in 1988, sent me next door to a rheumatologist for the dx. I have told her she can never retire.
Maybe she'll have some answers for me. Or by that time, the fever will be gone. (Sure. I'm such an optimist.)
In the meantime, I'll do the best I can. Lupus is such a drag!

<

No comments:

Post a Comment