Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Raining, and my body doesn't like it....

I almost dread the coming snow and ice season. I do bad enough in the rain, when my body reacts to the barometric pressure changes and makes my knees, wrists and neck ache all the time. So what's a Lupie to do?

Well, I could move to a dry climate.

I could take expensive drugs to dull the pain.

Or, I could just grin and bear it. Which I most often do. There's only so many medications I can take that won't interfere with my prescribed meds. So I usually take OTC meds, the cheaper the better. The Wal-Mart Pharmacy aisle is my friend.

I was told once that I should take a natural pain reliever: White willow bark.

Okay, I thought. I'll go see about it. In the olden days, white willow bark was used to treat any kind of inflammation. A "natural" aspirin, as it were.

However, I look at the Health Food Product: White Willow Bark, and it's sky high priced, like a 30 day supply for $30.00.

Then I mosey over to the aisle that has OTC products and look at a large bottle of aspirin. 100 aspirin for $4.00. I'm exaggerating, of course, but I don't really remember the costs involved.

Guess which one I chose?

Right.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever heard of low-dose oral alpha interferon. Studies show that he seems to have benefit for autoimmune diseases including lupus. Up until recently it has only been available out of Canada. Wt was a bitch to get in the United States. A natural low-dose interferon should be available in the next couple weeks so you might want to keep your eye on a website called www.rediscoveryourwellnessInstitute.com. I understand they will be giving away product just to try it and see for really does work for autoimmune and viral problem. From my research there are minimum of 125 studies and 22 patents issued in United States. This is the first time the product has ever been available in natural form. I was able to get some for my girlfriend with IPF and her breathing improved dramatically In one study from Texas Tech University with IPF showed a complete stopping of the progression of the disease and degeneration of the lungs. I been told by the manufacture in Texas that they have seen some benefit for Lupus so it appears to be safe and should be relatively cheap on a monthly basis. Good luck in your fighting of the disease.

    ReplyDelete