Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Book Coming Along Nicely....

Which is more than I can say for this blog. I have to confess, I had soooo many blogs, I couldn't keep up. I had one for each of my 4 novels, plus My Ashes of Dead Lovers Garage Sale anthology, and one for my book about Military Brats (sequel to be published soon) and of course, this blog about my struggles with SLE.

So, I deleted all my blogs except this one, the Brat one, and I created an all-encompassing blog, Marilyn's Musings for posts about writing in general and an occasional rant or two. Or a dozen. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up a little better with these 3 blogs.....

Now, for a bit about my recent encounters with the wolf..... I can't seem to have just a little cold. Oh, no, I have to have bronchitis, or a sinus infection. And lately, since Christmas, I've had a persistent UTI. (This may be a bit TMI for some readers, but I figure everybody knows everything about me by now, so damn the torpedoes. They might as well know about my urinary habits.) Pain. Cold chills. Nagging back pain occasionally. Went to primary PCP. Sure enough. UTI. Prescribed Cipro. Usually it works. This time, nada. Went back. Tested again. It's baaaaack. Another round of Cipro, pain, chills. Nada. Called the third time. Third round of Cipro. I innocently asked the PA, "Maybe we should try something else?" But, noooo, doctor doesn't want to overtreat. Heh. Third round did no good. This time she suggests I see a urologist.

Wonderful. I'm picturing myself in a waiting room full of impotent men who will elbow past me in their haste to get the little blue pill. But, maybe not. By this time -- it's been 3 months of this c**p and now I'm having -- ahem -- some urinary incontinence. Like when I cough or sneeze. Very embarrassing in public -- or heck, even here at home.

So, I'm wondering if this is part of lupus or just old age?

Anybody? Maybe I'll find out tomorrow after I see the urologist. If I don't get run over by those men with ED, that is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment