Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And Another Eye Doctor Appointment....

It took about an hour to get into the exam room, have the tests done and then leave the facility yesterday, stunned at the information I need to remember. Fortunately, the technician handed me some written instructions for the day of the first surgery, scheduled for 6 AM on Tuesday, 26th. I'll be in a "twilight sleep" and can wear my own clothes, is the best of the information I absorbed. Fortunately, my son was with me, the voice of reason, he is, and he asked the pithy questions, mostly about "How Much" will all this cost?
We thought we knew, but we didn't count on getting prescription eye drops for pre-op and post-op use. So we went to our friendly neighborhood Walgreen's and asked the clerk to see how much this will set me back.
Heh. Too much. Over $160.00 in copays for three kinds of eye drops. The only good news is, I can use them for both surgeries. Big deal.
So I'm calling the dr's office to beg for samples. The tech implied that she might be able to get me some samples. I called the office yesterday and left a message for her to call back, but you all know it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
I'm kind of bummed about the whole thing. One is the cost, of course. Another is believing that I'm really getting old.....which I am....and a third is, I don't do well with any kind of sedative. I tend to throw up. A lot.
Oh, and my blood pressure was really LOW. It is normally 120/80, but yesterday it was 90/60. Should I be concerned? The tech didn't say much, except that my heart rate was high. Can you say, "Anxiety?"
Oh, and btw, I asked the tech about the "wrinkle" on the retina on my left eye. Asked her if the doctor could fix it in this surgery.....
Heh. Of course not. I'll have to be referred to "a retina guy."
Trying not to cross that bridge before I come to it......
Who has more fun than a Lupie?

No comments:

Post a Comment