Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Big Ol Flare

I think I'm having a flare. I have mouth ulcers, feel crummy, and running a bit of a low grade temp....even if the thermometer says "98.6" that's not normal for me. That's a bit of a fever. And thirsty! My gosh, i could drink the lake dry.....although in this drought-stricken part of TX, the lakes wouldn't be that much to drink.....we need some rain. Woke up this morning to the sound of thunder. Just a few sprinkles, then nothing. Back to 103 degrees today.
And if dealing with a flare isn't enough, there is the continuing saga of the Social Security mess made when I made a simple request to file for disability.
I was, for some strange reason, treated as a new SS Recipient, with a welcome and everything. Trying to unravel that error involved three trips to the local Fort Worth SSA office, and today I discovered I no longer exist in any pharmacy files. I know, because Walgreen's had no information on me, and I couldn't get my Lantus.
Besides having lupus, I also have diabetes, and must take Humalog during the day and Lantus at night. It was time to refill the Lantus yesterday. Son went up to Walgreen's and they said I wasn't in their records. Have I died? Evidently.
WalMart gave me a refill of amitryptiline but charged $10.00. I will get reimbursed, I heard when I called my Medicare Provider, Secure Horizons. After some time of clicking and typing heard on the other end of the phone, they said it was all okay, now.
Until the next time Social Security decides I don't exist.
If you want something really messed up, go to any government agency. Tell 'em I sent ya.....


No comments:

Post a Comment